We are looking for experienced 3D generalist to work within Animal Logic’s art department on an animated feature. Your role will be to design, visualise and rapid prototype environments, props, vehicles or characters in 3D for pre-visualisation and art department explorations.
Please note that this is an in-studio role that will require the successful candidate to be on-site in Sydney.
What you’ll get to do:
- Translate written, verbal or visual briefs into 3D representations of sets, environments, props, vehicles and characters.
- Model in a variety of styles, from low polygon pre-vis geometry through to high quality surfaced and lit renders.
- Contribute to the design of a major animated motion picture.
- Collaborate with leading talent in the animation and film industry on a world class production.
What you’ll bring:
- The ability to translate a written or verbal brief into 3D concept models.
- Experience in using 3D software such as Blender or Maya to rapidly model and prototype designs in 3D.
- The ability to model, shade and light in 3D.
- The ability to sketch out ideas before modelling.
- The ability to hand off well organised scenes that adhere to pipeline specifications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite, Nuke or other equivalent 2D software a plus.
- Knowledge of real-time 3d platforms such as Omniverse or Unreal Engine a plus.
- Experience in matte painting a plus.
- The ability to optimize scenes to work in real-time platforms a plus.
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction and constructive feedback.
- 3+ years Experience in a Film, Animation, VFX or Games production environment, and/or strong portfolio displaying relevant skills.