Are you an experienced animator looking for an opportunity to promote efficiency in a variety of areas? The team at Animal Logic is recruiting for an innovator to fill a new vacancy! In this role, you will take on the responsibility for overseeing the smooth running of the Performance Unit including the tools and technologies used by the crew. Your primary responsibility would be to ensure that animators are able to work as efficiently as possible.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with animators to determine the best and most efficient ways of working.
- Review existing software and pipeline to determine the areas that need improvement and to make recommendations on future toolsets.
- Lead and guide the animation team to understand the available tools and workflow to achieve the most efficient output.
- Provide coaching and training on the tools to animators and technical assistants on an ongoing basis.
- Provide workflow support for the animation pipeline to all animators and the Animation Director.
- Work with the Rigging Department to ensure the successful handoff and execution of character rigs to animation.
- Test tools and processes before they are deployed to ensure they work properly throughout the production process.
- Work closely with the Animation Director, CG Supervisor, Technical Animation Lead, Rigging Supervisor, Animation Leads,
- Animators and Crowd Lead to ensure the timing, technology and talent are all working cohesively
- Stay abreast of core technology changes that impact the workflow and toolset of artists. Keep abreast of relevant and related emerging techniques and technologies.
- Work with production to further integrate production processes with artist workflows and toolsets. This would include work in areas such as: Identifying required techniques to support the creative goals and ensuring consistent approaches to reviews, review approval delivery mechanisms, notes etc.
- Ensure the animation team is adequately trained and conduct development activities as appropriate.
- Coordinate and act as a point of contact between the animation and rigging teams, communicating interests of animators.
- Regularly communicate relevant plans and objectives to your assigned group.
- Monitor workflow and workloads of animators, respond to issues as appropriate and assist animators to work to expected efficiencies.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members that ensures that all business is conducted in an environment of confidence and trust.
- Ensure conflict is identified early (and escalated as appropriate) and constructive solutions are put in place to resolve/diffuse.
- Apply considered judgement when making decisions; drawing on experience, knowledge, competence and personal style.
- Create synergies between rigging and animation work groups and individuals to promote innovative ideas and approaches to ‘how we do things’.
What you bring:
- 3 years minimum working on feature animation or VFX projects.
- Experience with large animation pipeline.
- Experience supporting animators.
- Experience working with rigging and R&D departments.
- Knowledge of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character motion.
- Understanding of 3D software packages and rigging methods applicable to Maya.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to work within a strong team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.