The Artist Management Supervisor is responsible for successfully leading the Vancouver-based artist management team, ensuring an effective and consistent approach to the resourcing and management of the production crew members. The Artist Management Supervisor will partner with local senior management and the Head of Artist Management in Sydney to define and implement local practices for the artist management team as well as overseeing a department or two as required.
What you’ll get to do:
AM Team Management
- Partner with the Head of Artist Management and other stakeholders to develop and implement a consistent approach where possible to operational management of the Vancouver artist management team
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and leadership to the Vancouver AM team
- Provide regular feedback and lead formal performance reviews for all team members including other AMs, AM coordinator and AM assistant.
- Ongoing review of policies in partnership with HR, FOH and other initiative groups as required
Resourcing & Recruiting
- Together with Production, contribute towards the casting of production staff for project crew plans
- Ensure that an intimate understanding of crew plans and every department ramp up and required extensions.
- Work closely with Recruiting to ensure they have appropriate position briefs, updates on projections, as well as position descriptions/documentation to meet immigration requirements
Learning & Development
- Ensure all AM’s and production crew have career development paths established and are supported with appropriate learning & development solutions.
- Work with department supervisors and L&D to drive mentoring programs
- Identify training needs (both long and short term) and work with HR/L&D to develop and implement programs and to identify potential faculty
Performance & Career Management
- Ensure production crew receive clear and regular performance feedback, providing both recognition as well as feedback for improvement and development
- Conduct formal performance reviews for all production and AM crew in a timely manner (e.g. probation end, project based, annual or bi-annual), gaining input from supervisors and production management. Coach and monitor progress
- Ensure contract management is carried out in a timely manner, and communicate with crew to keep them abreast of their pending futures where appropriate
Communication & Relationship Development
- Help foster the relationship between the AM’s and the shows when and if required
- Be aware of the relationships the AM’s are forming with their department supervisors and senior show production crew.
- Run and lead weekly AM team meetings setting expectations, passing on important information and ensuring a consistent approach to common crew issues across all crafts via the AM’s.
What you bring:
- Previous experience managing (2+ years Managing) a team or teams of people in a creative or production environment
- Previous experience working (4+ years) in the Animation and Visual Effects industry with direct involvement in hiring, onboarding, managing artists or other creative individuals
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels; ability to empathize and resolve conflicts
- Experience in managing the annual performance and compensation reviews, contract renewals, salary negotiations and promotions
- Experience providing feedback and constructive criticism in a respectful and effective manner within a professional setting
- Previous experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders and balancing differing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround
- Excellent attention to detail