Animal Logic – one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios – is looking to add an Asset Assembly TA to the team. The successful candidate will see through the flow and assembly of assets from modelling, rigging and surfacing, working closely with the applicable department supervisors and leads.
What you’ll get to do:
- Assist the asset department supervisors and/or leads in establishing the proper assembly structure for the different asset categories
- Assist the asset department’s supervisors in delivering assets to the production.
- Assist the production team in managing the delivery notes
- Organization and naming of fragments and entities creation
- Create review carts for the department supervisor/lead to approve deliveries
- Troubleshooting and debugging failed deliveries
- Assist and communicate with the production coordinators to find, organize and streamline delivery notes.
- Establishment of priorities by participating in daily target meetings with the asset department supervisors
- Communicate and promote repeatable, pipeline based workflows that will ensure data security and efficiency throughout the whole production
- Create and update documentation that supports Asset Assembly processes
- Establish close partnerships with moiling, surfacing, and rigging staff and other Asset TDs/TAs
What you bring:
- 1 + years’ experience on an animated/VFX feature, TV commercials or animated series as a Technical Assistant
- Alternatively, completion of multiple high quality projects at university, or the equivalent.
- Experience supporting modelling, surfacing and or rigging artists
- Experience with assets pipeline
- Programming experience in Python is a bonus.
- Experience using software packages applicable to Maya
- Excellent in pro-active problem solving and finding solutions within the given parameters
- Adaptable in approach, with the ability to balance your workload, the needs of the supes and leads, and production deadlines.
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas, remaining calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner
- Willing to learn and contribute to the success of the team and project
What we bring:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- Conveniently located in Yaletown near the heart of downtown Vancouver
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with hybrid work options
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, and snacks galore!