Are you an Assets TA who enjoys supporting creative and visual objectives through pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical assistance, and tool development?
We will be looking for an Assets TA to join the Vancouver team for our upcoming animated features!
What you’ll get to do:
- Quality control rigs and collaborate with the Animation department to bring our characters to life
- Support the asset department artists and TDs with pipeline and asset issues
- Ensure that highly optimised assets retain intended creative representations
- Collaborate with other TDs and the R&D department
- Be responsible for troubleshooting and user support within the rigging software and proprietary tools
- Test and validate new releases of workflow tools with Maya
What you bring:
- 1+ years’ experience on an animated/VFX feature, TV commercials or animated series, working as a TA is desirable but not essential
- Experience supporting artists with technical issues in a production environment is preferable
- Experience in at least one high end 3D software package, e.g. Maya
- Programming experience in Python is a bonus
- Good generalist skills with a solid understanding of all departments
- A focus on quality control and active artist support
- High level of organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What we bring:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- Conveniently located in Yaletown near the heart of downtown Vancouver
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with hybrid work options
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, and snacks galore!