Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
Do you have an excellent eye for detail? Do you have a wealth of experience with assembly and asset management? This could be the role for you!
The Technical Lead, Assets Assembly, will be joining us at our Sydney studio and works closely with the Global Assets Supervisor, Associate Global Assets Supervisors, Global Rigging Supervisor, and the Assets TD team. Together they ensure a common and standardised approach to the workflows and tool development within the Assets Assembly department. They are responsible for supporting the Assembly Artists and communicating technical requirements along with best practices for production.
The primary responsibility of the Assembly department is to maintain the “shot breakdown” – facilitating distribution of assets between various departments, with a special emphasis on supporting the Layout and Animation teams.
Candidates with the following skills are encouraged to apply:
- 3+ years’ experience in Animated Features and/or VFX feature films
- Proven pipeline experience in large scale animated features, animated TV series and/or feature film VFX
- Proven experience trouble shooting assets in Maya and Houdini (modelling, rigging and surfacing)
- Proven experience managing assets in USD or similar pipelines
- Advanced understanding of 3D packages, render technologies and pipeline principles
- Knowledge and experience with asset management and tracking software
- Excellent attention to technical details and ability to trouble shoot and deliver accurate work
To be successful in this role, the following is required by all candidates:
- An ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to communicate and interact positively and effectively, verbally and in writing, in a collaborative group environment
- An ability to focus on the big picture without losing track of the details
- A technical education or background will also be considered favorably
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!