Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
We are looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to join our accounting team! The role is responsible for full-cycle accounts payable function within the finance department.
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for over 30 years. From creating mischievous bunnies in Peter Rabbit, building heroic minifigs in The LEGO Movies, to teaching prancing penguins how to dance in Happy Feet, our films inspire audiences around the world.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!
What you’ll get to do:
- Timely processing and payment of supplier invoices and employee expenses
- Daily reconciliation of Australian and US company bank accounts
- Maintain the Creditor database
- Maintenance and reconciliation of petty cash float, credit cards
- Collaborate with the Payroll Officer in the bi-weekly inputting and processing of payroll and assisting in the weekly out of cycle payment runs
- Ensuring overtime hours and dollars are accurately calculated
- Working closely with HR to ensure all payroll data is up to date and accurate
- Posting of super returns to the clearing account and flagging these with FM and payroll manager to follow up in a timely manner
Other responsibilities will include:
- The timely deposit of funds into the companies’ bank account
- Distribution of petty cash and per-diems to staff members
- Tracking and reporting of travel expenses against appropriate costs centres/jobs
- Assisting the finance team with year-end reporting, audit preparation and tax preparation
- Monthly reconciliation of company credit cards and data entry into financial software
- Accurate maintenance of relevant filling systems
- Adhoc requests and general team support
What you bring:
- 2+ years’ previous experience in a similar function
- Accounting degree & working towards ICAANZ/CPA qualification (preferred but not essential)
- Intermediate Excel and Word proficiency
- Good organisational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management Skills, ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication Skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong desire for continuous learning and development
- Resilient with a strong ethical manner
- Ability to follow internal controls and finance processes
- Previous experience with Great Plains (preferred but not essential)
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!