Directed by Ron Howard and based on the children’s book of the same name, “The Shrinking of the Treehorns” is a visually ambitious feature animation production with Paramount Animation, Imagine Entertainment and Animal Logic Entertainment.
The CG Supervisor is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the production pipeline for the project. We require an inspirational and collaborative leader to partner with the Head of Production Technology, Supervising TDs, and Sydney Craft Supervisors to help design and maintain creative workflows across both studios.
What you’ll get to do:
- Alongside key creative leadership, assess technical solutions to execute the creative vision of an animated film
- Identify any inefficiencies and technical roadblocks, collaborate with relevant departments and supervisors to troubleshoot and rectify the issues
- Provide strategic, innovative, synergistic, cost effective technical leadership
- Drive exchanges of ideas and methodologies to provide optimal solutions for creative and technical challenges
- Collaborate with Producers to ensure development resources and timing are appropriate
- Partner with Artist Management, and Production Technology Operations to help, nurture, and mentor, the Lead Pipeline TDs
- With the support of the Artist Management team, contribute to performance reviews and provide constructive and positive feedback
- Partner with recruitment to evaluate and interview candidates where appropriate
What you bring:
- Demonstrable supervisory experience in a CG production environment
- Proven experience with implementing technical solutions to creative problems
- Effective leadership, problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with USD, and Python
- Excellent knowledge of a range of software typically found in digital production such as Maya/MEL, XSI, Houdini, Mari and Nuke
- Advanced knowledge of common CG workflows, and rendering workflows
- Proven ability in pipeline development
- Solid understanding of Shotgun and common production methodologies
In return, you will receive:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
- A chance to work on ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Currently piloting a flexible work program, allowing Animals to work from home one day per week
- A world-renowned working environment packed with clubs, activities and events
- A generous leave policy including paid ‘Volunteer’ days
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks!