Are you a Houdini Artist with a creative passion to create high quality character effects for an animated feature? We are looking for Character FX Artists to join our team in Sydney!
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop hair, cloth, and fur simulations with direction from the Department Supervisor or Lead
- Develop intelligent Houdini character setups, that can be highly automated
- Develop techniques and Houdini Digital Assets to achieve and optimize approved looks with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
- Develop an understanding for the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments (Animation, Modelling, Surfacing and Rigging) and communicate with these departments as needed
- Become proficient with the department’s propriety tools
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews
What you bring:
- Production experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature with a focus in Character FX and simulations
- Houdini experience, demonstrated via reel, of feature animation quality simulations (preferably hair, fur, cloth, and feather effects simulation)
- Experience using Houdini:
- Vellum & grooming tools
- Understanding of muscle and skin simulation
- Understanding of anatomy and form in motion
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellence in problem solving
- Ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
- Ability to take direction and feedback
What you should include in your demo reel/portfolio:
- Houdini simulations
- Character FX examples
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a Modern USD (Universal Scene Description) pipeline with the latest Houdini tools
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with work from home options
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!