Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
Are you a skilled creative Compositing Artist, with a knack for look development, setting up templates, compositing individual shots and providing friendly guidance to a team of Lighting and Compositing artists ?
Are you seeking an opportunity to shape aesthetics on a stylised full CG animation feature with high quality standard ?
If so, we are currently looking for talented individuals to join our team, including potential candidates for a Lead position. As a Lead, excellent communication and project management skills will be essential in addition to your creative and technical expertise. Together with our creative partners, you will play a pivotal role for the achievement of the movie.
The successful candidate will work in the role of “Compositing artist” or “Lead Compositing Artist” within our dynamic and diverse Lighting and compositing department, supported by a solid team of TDs.
What you’ll get to do:
- Assist in realizing the vision of shots by creating outstanding visuals
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or escalating issues to the appropriate support TD
- Compositing tasks include: 3D projection environment in Nuke, balancing elements, assisting in colour correction, stylisation, transitions, and a host of other 2D issues
- Assist with the design and development of procedural and innovative tool sets, pipelines and techniques for Compositors and Lighters
- Clearly communicate progress and any roadblocks to your assigned Lead
- Where appropriate, offer guidance and mentoring for other compositing or lighting artists
Additionally the project Lead’s responsibilities will include:
- Build look dev set ups that can be easily shared with and used by Comp and Lighting artists, for sequence specific looks
- Contribute to the development and purpose of the department pipeline including all assets and tools
- Accurately gauge the time it takes to achieve tasks and hit deadlines consistently
- Work amongst an internationally recognised group of artists and a team of Technical Directors with high standards of creative and technical excellence across multiple sites
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews, including driving reviews
- Have an excellent attention to detail for QCs, and be responsible for high quality HDR delivery
- Provide leadership, training and support to creative teams
- Stay updated with industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices
What you bring:
- 3 + years’ experience compositing on animated feature films or live action VFX projects
- Demonstrated feature animation quality compositing work through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
- Demonstrated experience with LookDev and setting up templates
- Demonstrated knowledge and production experience in Nuke
- Experience and knowledge of the AOVs channels and other components typically found in digital production
- Comfortable and creative with 3D solutions in Nuke
- Ability to take direction, and implement briefs
- Excellent attention to detail and a keen aesthetic eye
- Competencies in designing and troubleshooting new and existing complex tools and workflows
- Strong communication skills with a willingness to guide Lighters and other Compositors
- The following would be considered a bonus and will be advantageous for the Lead position:
- The ability to quickly provide alternative looks and options
- The ability to build tools in Nuke, in collaboration with the Lighting and Compositing artists, Leads and TDs
- Strong understanding of adjacent crafts, such as Lighting
- A firm understanding of colour spaces. Experience with colour pipelines using ACES/OCIO
- Understanding of SDR/HDR review workflows
- Familiar with Nuke’s latest releases and plugins
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under tight deadline
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Nuke Python knowledge a plus
What you need to include in your application/demo reel:
- Examples of solid creative work
- Examples of animated feature work
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and staff wellness programs
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!