We are looking for talented concept artists to work within Animal Logic’s art department on an animated feature film. Your role will be to create story driven concept art that will help define the look of a major animated motion picture.
Please note that this is an in-studio role that will require the successful candidate to be on-site in Sydney.
What you’ll get to do:
- Draw, paint, model or render quality concept art from a written, verbal or visual brief.
- Render environments, characters or story moments from the movie to a high level of finish.
- Work in a variety of styles depending on the needs of the brief.
- Collaborate with leading talent in the animation and film industry on a world class production.
What you’ll bring:
- The ability to transform a written, verbal or visual brief into high-quality concept art.
- The ability to work in styles that range from stylized animation to photoreal visual effects.
- The ability to sketch out and rapidly iterate on ideas before rendering.
- Strong drawing and rendering skills that display a knowledge of anatomy, composition and design.
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction and constructive feedback.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in 2D drawing tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio Pro, Krita or Affinity Photo or similar.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite, Nuke or other 2D software a plus.
- Experience in 3D tools, such as Blender or Maya a plus.
- 3+ years Experience in a Film, Animation, VFX or Games production environment, and/or strong portfolio displaying relevant skills.