Animal Logic Vancouver is seeking a concept artist to join our growing team and help us define the look of our Warner Brothers Feature Animation, Toto!
The successful candidate will work closely with the Production Designer and Art Director to visually explore all aspects of the production. They will also help cover a range of art department needs, including character design, props and environment design, key lighting frames and colour boards.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop an understanding of the projects creative objectives.
- Research and source as required any imagery to help with the production of concept art.
- Work closely with the Production Designer/Art Director to visually explore key moments of the production
- Produce quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed
- Understanding and translate concept drawings/sketches into rendered artwork
- Create high quality images to capture the mood, lighting and action of the written scenario
- Prepare for and participate in regular work in progress reviews, presentations and briefings from the director/production designer or art director.
- Prioritize and problem solve and multi-task to complete a brief
- Create model packs to feed production
- Create presentation material for the studio.
What you’ll bring:
- Ideally 1 + years’ experience working on feature films, TV series, or within the gaming industry, and/or a recognised post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field.
- Experience working in a CG pipeline and within a CG 3D environment is a bonus
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio.
- A developing knowledge of designing characters, props and environments, with camera lensing in mind would be an advantage.
- Ability to produce quick sketch ideas and iterations
- Good drawing skills that display a knowledge of anatomy, perspective and design
- The ability to create painting in graphic, non-photographic, caricatured styles.
- The ability to produce artwork that can be translated by the 3D modelling department
- Good skills in Photoshop and Maya (or other equivalent 3D softwares)
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong creative capacity; able to innovate while keeping within a brief.