Location: Sydney, NSW
Are you a Senior Crowd Artist with creative problem-solving skills in order to fill sets and shots with life for an animated feature? We are looking for a Senior Crowd Artist to join our team in Sydney!
What you’ll get to do:
- Setup crowd assets and HDAs within the existing Houdini pipeline, and test new procedures and workflows
- Create a range of efficient crowd agents (bipeds/quadrupeds and vehicles) for efficient simulation
- Work with Animation teams to identify and breakdown behaviours into cycles for artists to use
- Work closely with FX Department Supervisor and Crowd Lead to implement efficient and effective ways to fill the sets and shots with life
- Give feedback to the department TD’s to continue the development of tools and workflows associated with crowd simulation
- Build templates that are highly geared towards automation
- If required, work with the fellow artists on the show that have been assigned shot implementation, to make sure the scene files are being used efficiently
- Evaluate any issues that may arise in the setup of crowd, and devise efficient solutions
- Be willing to assist/mentor junior team members with any technical/artistic challenges they may have
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ Houdini experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature, with a focus in Houdini Crowds
- Past experience, demonstrated via reel, of feature animation crowd or effects simulation
- Strong understanding of Houdini crowd agent design & setup
- Production experience using Houdini: SOPs/DOPs essential
- Production experience using Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable
- Experience building Houdini digital assets
- Solid understanding of motion and principles of rigging and animation
- Good understanding of crowd shading and rendering procedurals
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo, as well as collaboratively, within a team environment, and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas, and work under pressure
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with work from home options
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application below!