Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our Sydney studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
Love movies? Want to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment? Animal Logic is looking for a DevOps Engineer with an Automation focus to join the IT infrastructure team.
As a DevOps Engineer – Automation you will be primarily responsible for the continual improvement and increased use of automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, microservices, monitoring and logging to drive velocity, quality, scalability, security.
The successful candidate will be a CI/CD, Containerisation, and Solution Integration Specialist with 5yrs+ experience in a Dev or Ops role and a passion for cloud technologies and creating efficient, automated workflows.
What you’ll get to do:
- Standardise and automate team workflows, focusing on approval-based workflows to replace manual work
- Manage container orchestration and consolidate to Infrastructure as Code
- Maintain orchestration environment and critical services
- Support training and inclusion initiatives
- Participate in incident response and collaborate with vendor representatives to solve difficult and specialised problems
- Review cloud spend and work with product owners to optimise resources
- Scale compliance, security, and reliability efforts in cloud and on-prem to match business requirements
- Maintain observability tech (e.g. OpenSearch, Grafana, Zabbix dashboards), best-practice example repositories, and documentation
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role with a focus on automation and CI/CD
- Knowledge of container orchestration and Infrastructure as Code technologies
- Experience with cloud platforms, specifically AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and staff wellness programs
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!