We are seeking a DI Editor to join our team on our animated feature, The Magician’s Elephant! The DI Editor is responsible for conforming and maintaining the online edit of an animation feature film, this may include updating shots and quality control.
What you’ll get to do:
- Conforms and maintains online edit to accurately match the offline edit
- Supports the needs of the DI department and its team members
- Updates shots in online edits
- Quality checks edit accuracy before work leaves the department
- Confirms that all shot versions for mastering are approved and correct
- Matches any relevant optical effects in Baselight
- Basic compositing with Baselight
- Works with adjacent departments (e.g. Editorial, Compositing) to understand their processes and how DI fits in the feature animation pipeline
- Works with and understands Animal’s shot pipeline, including status and note mechanisms
- Stays up-to-date on shot delivery tools and processes, output methods, and deliverable types
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in Editorial or DI
- Experience in animated features or VFX films
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
- Completion of degree program or working equivalent
- Solid understanding of Baselight or equivalent software
- Solid understanding of AVID or other comparable editorial software
- Experience with shot tracking databases (e.g. Shotgun)
- An understanding of colour theory
- An understanding of file formats and codecs
- Ability to produce a visual result at the highest level
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional team player; promotes knowledge sharing and collaboration within a team and across adjacent departments
- Excellence in problem solving, balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Excellent attention to detail; efficiently organises and prioritises work across multiple areas
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation (retirement fund), employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!