Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you an experienced Digital Producer who has experience being responsible for the overall progress of the picture production from Assets through to delivery? Read on!
Partnering with the Producer, Production Manager and Supervisors, you will manage resourcing, financial tracking and internal reporting, studio reporting, production milestones and strategy, and associated marketing.
What you’ll get to do:
- Create and define overall project milestones and ensure these are communicated to relevant team members.
- Plan, monitor and manage the production and progress of all contracted deliverables for assigned projects to ensure their delivery within bid days and deadlines.
- With the Producer, Production Manager and Department Supervisors, provide turnover bidding and assessment.
- Ongoing tracking and reporting of ETCs and resourcing requirements.
- Weekly reporting to Producer and Head of Production (HOP) on project progress.
- Prepare and distribute accurate and timely crew plans and schedules to Recruiting, Artist Management, Technology and Department Supervisors.
- Working with the Producer, Production Manager, Recruiting, Artist Management and Technology to ensure appropriate resources are requested and confirmed in a timely manner.
- Ensure schedules are kept up to date and published regularly.
- Maintain company and project wide communication channels on project progress and milestones.
- Line-manage the Production Manager(s) on a day to day basis.
- Oversee management of the production team ensuring all tasks and processes are understood and performed correctly; providing mentorship to help them succeed and grow in their roles.
- Work with the Head of Production, Artist Management and Training Department to identify related department training needs if required.
- Participate in the casting, resourcing and recruiting requirements for the project.
- Provide fair, objective and accurate feedback to Artist Managements on crew performance.
- Foster an environment that encourages and supports development of respect, integrity and trust in team members.
What you bring:
- 8 + years’ experience working within a production team on a large VFX or animation production
- 3 + years’ experience in a senior leadership role
- A comprehensive knowledge of digital and animation pipelines
- Exceptional high-level planning and scheduling
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong budgeting and forecasting skills
- Excellent communication skills, including clear and concise reporting
- Advanced computer skills, including database and spreadsheet proficiency
- Proven experience in managing and motivating large teams of people
- Self-awareness: calm and focused presence and approach, even when under pressure and on deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate the team.
- Demonstrates diplomacy and an ability to effectively work and communicate with all personality types
- Demonstrates initiative, ownership and a proactive attitude