Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio. This is not a remote opportunity.
Working closely with other Technical Resources divisions and end users, the Digital Resources Administrator will ensure the render-queuing system (farm) is constantly monitored to help achieve efficient and trouble-free rendering. They are also responsible for safeguarding and manipulating (data) assets and providing a range of data management services to Production.
Please note that this position includes variable shift work.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with artists on the delivery of final rendered computer graphics elements for an animated feature film
- Work with production to identify priorities and creative solutions to render concerns
- Where appropriate, provide ideas to assist in developing and refining efficiency of Animation and Render pipelines
- Act as point of contact for production to communicate render and data needs
- Monitor render queues and respond to identified errors/faults when required
- Diagnose rendering problems in conjunction with the artists and production
- Manage render farm resource allocations, including people and systems
- Escalate render pipeline faults in a timely manner and ensure follow through
- Analyse and report system failures to System Administration
- Creating and monitoring analytics to monitor critical systems using Zabbix/Grafana
- Work with Systems Engineering Group to ensure optimal setup and performance of render farm, networks and storage
- Provide general technical support to other Technical Resources divisions as directed
- Reporting on disk-space usage, and allocating quotas, for individual productions
- Turnovers and deliveries of external media
- Backup, archiving and cleanup of production data
- Facilitate and monitor the global syncing of assets between sites
- Work with the equivalent team in the other global site/sites
What you bring:
- 2+ years’ experience working in a VFX/Animation production environment
- 1+ years’ experience monitoring render queues and diagnosing rendering problems
- Previous experience in a digital artist support position within a Linux environment
- Knowledge of animation/VFX artist tool applications such as Maya, Nuke
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing concepts
- Familiarity with artist scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Strong client service and communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve with competing deadlines
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio in sunny Sydney or downtown Vancouver!
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!