Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you an experienced Financial Controller, ready to be a key financial partner for our Vancouver studio?!
Reporting to the Global CFO, you will oversee and manage the Canadian corporate finance and accounting department with responsibility for all aspects of corporate financial management, including expense management, financial reporting, budget / forecast preparation, tax, treasury, payroll, insurance and corporate governance activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning support as required within the Vancouver studio
- Preparation, lodgement of, and compliance with all federal, state and local corporate reporting and filing requirements
- Oversee and manage the payroll function to ensure timely and accurate payroll to employees, including calculation and remittance of withholdings and related fringe
- Preparation of monthly management reports including timely analysis and commentary for reporting to Head Office.
- Involvement in Company budgeting and forecasting and Cash Management.
- Lead, manage and mentor a small finance team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven work experience as Financial Controller (or similar position)
- 5+ years’ experience within film or television production services industry
- CPA (or equivalent)
- Solid understanding of accrual accounting principles, tax, and GAAP
- People Management experience
- Excellent technology skills, including spreadsheet, general ledger and reporting
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to easily adapt to changing environments
- Proactive, can do, business partner attitude
- Highly motivated, with ability to multitask and manage deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Honesty, reliability and ethics