Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
Animal Logic is looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst to join the Corporate Finance team! This team is responsible for all the corporate financial functions of the company, including financial control, accounting, financial reporting, FP&A, tax, treasury, payroll and corporate governance.
FP&A is responsible for the budgeting / forecasting and decision support processes within the Corporate Finance team, acting as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
This is a newly created role that will be a key asset in the future growth of the company, working closely with the Head of FP&A and senior management team to obtain detailed knowledge and understanding of the Company’s processes and business operations to integrate into its financial forecast and annual budgeting processes.
To be considered for this position, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or hold permanent work rights in Australia with no restrictions.
What you’ll get to do:
- Detailed involvement in helping Head of FP&A and senior management budget and re-forecast operations
- Perform detailed financial analysis including variance to budget / forecast and YoY
- Prepare monthly reporting for the Executive team and senior management
- Prepare Cash flow forecast
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Provide input in to continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modelling tools
- Analyse trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly business reviews (PowerPoint/Slides)
- Other specialist planning and analysis projects as required
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- ACA / CPA qualified
- 5+ years’ Finance or Accounting experience with 3+ years’ in the area of FP&A
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modelling skills required
- Experience in PowerPoint/Slides required
- Experience in the film or media entertainment industry preferred
- Experience in a multi-entity, multi-currency group structure preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Excellent time management skills
- High written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and staff wellness programs
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!