Do you mostly think in Java but wish you could talk about movies all day? We are looking for adventurous Full Stack Software Engineers who want to use their skills to help our world class artists be their creative best. Come join our high-calibre team and help drive the next evolution of our mission-critical systems. This challenging position requires you to solve complex problems using cutting edge techniques while contributing to the delivery of animated feature films!
Java Full Stack Software Engineers work in our Production Engineering team. We develop, maintain and improve the software systems that run all parts of our business, front-ends and back, including digital asset management, production tracking, task scheduling for rendering and distributed data synchronisation.
Our creative environment welcomes software engineers who are inventive, communicative and enjoy being part of a team. We hope you have a genuine interest in the whole process of film making, but you do not need to have a background in this industry.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work as part of a small international team focused on improving the experience of making animated movies
- Collaborate closely with engineers, artists and filmmakers across our studios
- Collaborate with technical partners to evolve our systems to take advantage of bleeding edge technology
- Gather requirements, design and develop new features for artistic and management workflows
- Test, maintain and release large scale, distributed applications
- Automate, monitor and troubleshoot production systems and resolve operational issues
- Communicate status, resolution with clients of varying technical expertise
What you bring:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of commercial Java software development experience
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySql, etc)
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
- Significant contributions to robust and scalable software systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of data modeling and multi-tier software architecture
- Good planning and estimating abilities
It would be amazing if you also had:
- Experience developing for High Performance Computing systems (e.g. Task Scheduling, Multi-Threading, Slurm)
- Experience with Messaging systems (e.g. Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Experience using In-Memory Data Grids and indexing (e.g. Apache Ignite, Lucene, ElasticSearch)
- An understanding of UX process and principles
- Familiarity with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Sonarcube, Artifactory, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with reactive streams programming (e.g. WebFlux)
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- Your resume/CV
- Links to relevant websites that might demonstrate your work either as code or as a visual example of the results of your code
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with work from home options
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!