Do you mostly think in Java but wish you could talk about movies all day? We are looking for adventurous Full Stack Software Engineers who want to use their skills to help our world class artists be their creative best. Come join our high-calibre team and help drive the next evolution of our mission-critical systems. This challenging position requires you to solve complex problems using cutting edge techniques while contributing to the delivery of animated feature films!
Java Full Stack Software Engineers work in our Production Engineering team. We develop, maintain and improve the software systems that run all parts of our business, front-end and back, including digital asset management, production tracking, task scheduling for rendering and distributed data synchronisation.
Our creative environment welcomes software engineers who are inventive, communicative and enjoy being part of a team. We hope you have a genuine interest in the whole process of film making, but you do not need to have a background in this industry.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work as part of a small international team focused on improving the experience of making animated movies
- Collaborate closely with engineers, artists and filmmakers across our studios
- Collaborate with technical partners to evolve our systems to take advantage of bleeding edge technology
- Gather requirements, design and develop new features for artistic and management workflows
- Test, maintain and release large scale, distributed applications
- Automate, monitor and troubleshoot production systems and resolve operational issues
- Communicate status, resolution with clients of varying technical expertise
What you bring:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ of commercial Java software development experience
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySql, etc)
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
- Significant contributions to robust and scalable software systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of data modeling and multi-tier software architecture
- Good planning and estimating abilities
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Experience developing for High Performance Computing systems (e.g. Task Scheduling, Multi-Threading, Slurm)
- Experience with Messaging systems (e.g. Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Experience using In-Memory Data Grids and indexing (e.g. Apache Ignite, Lucene, ElasticSearch)
- An understanding of UX process and principles
- Familiarity with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Sonarcube, Artifactory, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with reactive streams programming (e.g. WebFlux)
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- Your resume/CV
- Links to relevant websites that might demonstrate your work either as code or as a visual example of the results of your code
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio based in downtown Vancouver!
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including free gym access, breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!
Please note that this position requires you to work from our facility in Vancouver. This is not a remote opportunity.