Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
We’re seeking a Global Corporate Controller to oversee the day-to-day accounting and finance operations within the Animal Logic Group’s corporate finance and accounting department with responsibility for all aspects of corporate financial management, including expense management, financial reporting, tax, treasury, payroll and statutory obligations.
They would be responsible for Australian, Canadian and US Entities, and develop and maintain global accounting policies, procedures and controls. They would lead, mentor and develop team members, and be recognised as a trusted leader across the entire organisation.
This role involves working closely with the Netflix Corporate Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate group reporting, and financial policies and reporting requirements are consistently applied and achieved across the entire group of companies.
What you’ll get to do
Financial Reporting (Internal + External)
- Responsible for timely preparation of monthly consolidate financial reports for including
- Profit and Loss / variance analysis
- Balance Sheet
- General ledger reconciliations
- Ensures accurate and timely month-end and quarter-end close and reporting from the regions/Operating Companies
- Management of monthly reporting obligations internally to management as well as Netflix Head Office
- Works closely with the FP&A function in support of business support and analysis, as required
- Drive the annual audit process
- Manage the annual audit for each of our three jurisdictions, including drafting financial statements (in accordance with US GAAP)
- SOX compliance
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate financial policies and systems of internal control to safeguard the financial assets of the company
- Maintenance of the multicurrency general ledger and related reporting system
- Strategic planning support to the CFO and the exec/OMT team as required
- Manage our banking relationship
- Cash management activities, including – Weekly cash flow projections
- Capex financing, lease vs. buy analysis
- Other (ad hoc as required)
Taxation (Compliance and Planning)
- Overseeing the preparation, filing of, and compliance with all federal, state taxation reporting requirements (BAS, PAYG, FBT, Superannuation)
- Overseeing the preparation, filing with all US tax compliances: State, federal, Property tax, Business use tax
- Preparing annual R&D tax incentive claim
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with CPA /CA designation required
- 8 to 10 years of increasing responsibility in various accounting and finance roles required with a minimum of 3 years in a Controller role. Experience in a global matrix organisation preferred
- Experience with multi-currency accounting and global consolidations
- Proven track record of leading and developing high-performing accounting teams
- Knowledgeable in either Australian or Canadian compliance requirements
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Superior reconciliation and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio in sunny Sydney!
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!