Are you a Graphic Design artist looking for an opportunity to work in animation? Then this might just be it!
We are looking for a graphic design artist to work with our supervising art director in producing high quality graphic design elements for a Netflix Animated Feature Film!
What you’ll get to do:
- Understand the projects creative objective.
- In consultation with the art director(s) and/or production designer conceive and develop visual concepts that support and inform the production of its graphic language
- Utilise any equipment resources required to realise designs.
- Research and source as required any imagery, documentation to help with the production of all graphic elements
- Produce quick sketch ideas, layouts and iterations to inform on intent as briefed.
- Create or direct the production of all graphic elements required by the production.
- Prepare for, and participate in regular work in progress reviews, and presentations
- Prioritize, problem solve and multi-task to complete a brief.
- Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture within the art department.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years’ experience working ideally in a similar role on an animated feature or TV Series, or graphic design studio.
- A tertiary qualification in graphic design or similar course.
- Previous experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines would be of value.
- Prior experience interpreting creative briefs, working collaboratively and independently to achieve specific outcomes
- A strong working knowledge of the full Adobe suite.
- An ability to present ideas both verbally and visually that will inform others of intent and direction.
- The ability to produce visual representations of intended outcomes from thorough research and artwork.
- The ability to contribute to the creative process, through a strong knowledge of the principals of graphic design
- A knowledge of compositing tools such as Nuke would be an advantage
- An ability to create 2d animation and motion graphics
- A love of typography.
- A strong visual eye – a good sense of design, composition and framing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to take direction and learn from the feedback.
- A demonstrated desire and enthusiasm to produce great work.
- Imagination and originality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills an ability to prioritize and problem solve.