Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
2 year contract
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for over 30 years. Last year Animal Logic released the animated feature, DC League of Super-Pets, and in the year before the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2. The Magician’s Elephant was recently released on Netflix, and currently in production are The Shrinking of the Treehorns and Toto. Past projects include The LEGO Movie 2, Captain Marvel, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Alien: Covenant, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, The LEGO Movie and Happy Feet.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!
We are seeking an HR Advisor to work within the HR Team to support the operational requirements of the department. The role will advise supervisors in policy and program application and talent development and assist in developing and implementing HR practices. This includes advising managers, supervisors and employees on policies and processes.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work within the HR Operations team to help drive HR initiatives and best practice
- Provide advice to managers and employees in understanding Animal Logic’s policies and procedures
- Oversee the new starter onboarding procedures in a manner that promotes a positive experience for the employee and minimises risks for the business
- Become a subject matter expert in elements of the HRIS including reporting to best support the business
- Troubleshoot and solve HRIS and payroll issues and workflows
- Help drive immigration for the Sydney Studio including creating, implementing, and maintaining HR reports to meet all reporting requirements for immigration and internal programs
- Oversee the relocation of international hires to Sydney, including visa process. This includes working closely and proactively with employees to assist them with visa-related matters
- Process visa-related documents for approved visa types including renewals and short stay/business visas
- Support managers in understanding and administering the performance management process to ensure legal compliance and best practice
- Partner with employees of all levels to problem solve and advise on workplace issues which may arise
- Research, recommend, develop, and implement contemporary HR solutions to support the business
- Support management/employees on local legislative matters and general HR operations
- Support wellbeing and WHS initiatives
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience in a HR operations roles
- Previous HR Advisor experience is desirable
- Experience in the industry or similar is a bonus
- Formal qualifications in Human Resources desirable
- Experience working with an international and project-based workforce
- Deep understanding of the Australian employment legislation
- Strong experience in HRIS systems
- Broad general HR and talent management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and influencing skills, as well as attention to detail
- Working knowledge of immigration legislation as it pertains to hiring an international workforce
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellence in problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with all personality types
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!