We are seeking an experienced manager to manage the day to day departmental and people operations of the global IT department, driving departmental strategy and initiatives in collaboration with IT leadership.
This position reports to the Head of IT.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the definition and adherence to ITIL and best practices for the department in partnership with technical leadership
- Maintain a culture of operational excellence, ensuring commitment, professionalism and excellent customer service in the department
- Support and communicate the overall goals of the Technology division
- Establish and maintain effective performance management practices and fair compensation models, ensuring consistency across the IT organisation
- Monitor performance of individuals in the team, identifying areas for development and proposing additional training as required
- Participate in the recruitment process for new employees, where required
- Establish concise and consistent means of reporting status of team and resource efficacy
- Prepare and manage departmental budget
- Design, promote, and review standardised operational dashboards for the organisation
- Escalation point of contact for all IT operational needs
- Conduct regular presentations and reporting to senior executives and production-related leadership
- Responsible for Procurement process and controls across the department
What you bring:
- At least 7 years’ people management experience in an organisation with significant technical operations in a multi-site environment
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role within Information Technology, including managing departmental budgets
- A confident presenter, with experience in analysing, planning and presenting business cases for technical and operational initiatives
- Ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas.
- Experience with hiring, developing, inspiring and mentoring individuals
- Experience with multi-site teams, collaboration and processes
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Experience within Media & Entertainment industry desired but not essential