Are you a Support Engineer with experience of complex audio/video systems, AV and projection technology within a post-production facility?
We are seeking a Media Systems Engineer who will be responsible for providing high level support relating to frontline maintenance and troubleshooting of all physical and post-production related equipment. This position is also required to assist with the planning, designing, procurement and implementation of media technology systems.
Please note some ‘on call’ rotation may be required.
What you’ll get to do:
- Maintenance of media server hardware and associated software
- Maintenance and calibration of Christie & Barco digital cinema DLP projectors
- Create and maintain documentation using various tools including Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Office, Visio etc.
- Perform hardware, firmware and software upgrades
- Efficient workflow and pipeline design for post-production services
- Conducting research, evaluating new technology and trends to assess impact on workflows
- Liaise with Systems Engineers to maximize system performance and reliability
- Perform programming modifications to video and KVM routing systems
- Create and update control system databases for various automation systems
- Participate in off-hours maintenance, upgrades and installation for systems when required
- Work to ensure best security practices are met and maintained
- Provide basic technical training to staff as required
- Provide some assistance to the broader IT team
What you bring:
- Tertiary qualification in Audio Visual/Broadcast or related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in AV, IT or Broadcast
- Experience in entertainment/media industry is highly desirable
- Installation and maintenance experience of complex audio/video systems
- Experience with projection technology and applications and AV networking streaming technology
- Ability to perform programming modifications to video and KVM routing systems
- Demonstrated ability in technical IT (OS and application) troubleshooting
- Ability to create and maintain documentation and provide basic technical training
- Collaborative and customer focused with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If you have the ability to work full time in Sydney and this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!