Are you an experienced Character Modelling Lead? Join our growing team of talented artists that work on a diverse range of characters with unique styles that always strive to be visually captivating.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with a variety of departments, including Art, Rigging, Surfacing and R&D
- Focus on the management of the Character Modelling team, establishing workflow, ensuring quality, and communicating with Production
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Modelling tools and pipeline for this project and Animal Logic generally
- Assist artists in achieving the highest quality work
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience working on feature animation and/or feature VFX films
- 2+ years’ working in a leadership role in Character Modelling for animated feature, VFX feature, or high-end TV series
- Confidence and aptitude in assigning tasks, conducting daily reviews, and mentoring team members
- A solid understanding of overall pipeline and processes involved in feature films
- Experience with facial blend shapes
- Experience with organic and hard-surface modelling
- Experience with large and complex CG environments
- Experience meeting the needs of rigging and surfacing, with respect to proper hierarchy, topology and UV layout
- Solid production experience with Maya and ZBrush
- Experience with other software such as Marvelous Designer and Houdini is an advantage
- A willingness to learn new modelling tools as needed by production
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong technical and visual skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- Your personal portfolio/showreel should show examples of topology, turntables, and wireframes
- Your resume should demonstrate your experience both in character modelling and leading teams
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Hybrid work environment
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation (retirement fund), employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!