The Modelling Supervisor is the artistic and technical leader, who, in partnership with the Asset Department Supervisor, CG Supervisor, and the Performance Technology Team, is accountable for the technical and artistic outcomes of the modelling department on a single production.
The supervisor is accountable for the deliverables of the modelling department and participates in ensuring consistency of quality and look for the production.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with the Director and Supervisors to define, understand, and maintain the film’s visual style
- Partner with the Asset Department Supervisor, Production Designer, Producers, and Project Supervisors to prepare bids and pitches as required
- Partner with Production Management to implement a schedule that ensures the department delivers on time, to a high level of quality
- Communicate the overall brief and goals of a project to each member of the team, driving the delivery of creative goals on time and to the highest standard
- Drive the team reviews and offer creative/technical feedback on reviewed assets
- Recruit, manage, mentor all artists in the modelling department and collaborate with Artist Management and Recruitment as required
- Supervise, define, implement, and maintain the techniques, tools, and pipeline required to achieve the successful execution of the Modelling output for the film
- Communicate and collaborate with the relevant supervisors, R&D, and the Performance Technology Team as necessary
- Collaborate with the CG and department supervisors to determine best-case approaches for each asset in the project
What you bring:
- 7+ years’ modelling experience in fully animated or hybrid feature films
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory role in fully animated or hybrid feature films
- Expert-level experience with Maya modelling tools and Zbrush
- Familiarity with Houdini and Marvelous Designer is a plus.
- An interest in pipeline, processes, tools, and techniques, with a high-level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats, and practices
- Good artistic skills and attention to details
- Good communication skills with the artists and production team
- The ability to successfully lead a large team of modellers
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!