Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
The Modelling Supervisor is the artistic and technical leader, who, in partnership with the Asset Department Supervisor, CG Supervisor and the Performance Technology Team, is accountable for the technical and artistic outcomes of the modelling department on a single production.
The supervisor is accountable for the deliverables of the modelling department and participates in ensuring consistency of quality and look for a production.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with the Production Designer and Supervisors to define, understand and maintain the visual style of the film
- Partner with the Asset Department Supervisor, Production Designer, Producers and Project Supervisors to prepare bids and pitches as required
- Partner with Production Management to implement a schedule that ensures the department delivers on time, to a high level of quality
- Clearly communicate the overall brief and goals of a project to each member of the team, driving the delivery of creative goals in a timely manner, to the highest standard
- Drive the team reviews and offer creative/technical feedback on reviewed assets
- Recruit, manage, and mentor all artists in the modelling department, collaborating with Artist Management, and Recruitment as required
- Supervise, define, implement and maintain the techniques, tools and pipeline required to achieve the successful execution of the Modelling output for the film
- Communicate and collaborate with the relevant supervisors, R&D, and the Performance Technology Team as necessary
- Collaborate with the CG and department supervisors and department leads, to determine best-case approaches for each asset in the project
What you bring:
- 7 years’ + modelling experience in fully animated or hybrid feature films
- 2 years’ + experience in a supervisory role in fully animated or hybrid feature films
- Expert-level experience with Maya modelling tools and Zbrush
- Familiarity with Houdini and Marvellous Designer is desirable
- An interest in pipeline, processes, tools, and techniques, with a high-level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats, and practices
- A strong artistic eye, a solid understanding of the technical requirements of modelling
- The ability to successfully lead a large team of modellers; motivating artists, providing feedback, and fostering a constructive team dynamic, building relationships within and across departments
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and staff wellness programs
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!