Start Date: January 2022
The Imaging department is a diverse and dynamic team that takes care of the pipeline for Nuke (Compositing, Lighting, Matte Painting) and DI (Baselight).
We are looking for a Python expert to join the Imaging Pipeline TD team, supporting a number of exciting and ground-breaking animated movies!
The Imaging TD is responsible for supporting creative and visual objectives through pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical direction and tool development. They will work closely with the Compositing, Lighting, Matte Painting, DI and Software Development teams to ensure a standardised approach.
What you’ll get to do:
- Developing code for tools and automation primarily using Python
- Assist the Compositing team with day-to-day issues and escalating through the right channels as necessary
- Ensure that tools and procedures support the creative process
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or by leading development of new tools
- Test and validate new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Nuke/Proprietary Software) and automated (Farm) within these Production tool and Farm environments
- Create and update technical documentation for Imaging processes
- Take on responsibility, get stuff done, and make our compositing artists happy!
What you bring:
- Strong knowledge of Python development
- Experience with software development life cycle and code repositories such as git
- An ability to work in a challenging environment, possessing good communication skills
- Willingness to work in a highly dynamic production environment and collaborate with artistic staff
- An ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of both off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools
And you might also have:
- Experience in tool development on feature films, TV and/or animated features
- Experience with Linux and Shell Scripting
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent development experience
- Experience with colour pipelines using ACES/OCIO
- Experience with programming languages other than Python is a bonus
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!