We’re looking for a Pipeline TD Lead to join us at one of our studios! The Pipeline TD Lead is responsible for supporting creative and visual objectives through pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical direction, and tool development. They will oversee the Pipeline TDs (Animation, Layout & Editorial) and Technical Animators, and work closely with the R&D and production teams to ensure smooth running of the departments they support.
What you’ll get to do:
- Provide leadership and help to mentor TDs within your team
- Take ownership of production development projects, prioritise and delegate work and see the projects through to completion
- Work closely with award winning R&D and TD teams to ensure smooth running of the production departments you support
- Work on the latest open-source industry standard software such as USD and OTIO with the opportunity to contribute back to the communities
- Participate in the recruiting and interview process for new employees as required
- Work closely with the CG Supervisor and Production Mangers to ensure artists are able to hit the creative needs of the production
- Maintain and contribute to a fully automated documentation process to ensure clients have the latest information
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ TD experience on feature films, TV and/or similar fields
- Proven leadership experience within VFX or similar industry
- Experience using and troubleshooting in Maya (or other similar software)
- An understanding of USD and its general concepts
- Solid knowledge in Python and PyQt or other GUI toolkit
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas and technologies in clear and concise ways
- Good listening skills. Be able to listen to the requirements and requests from clients and managers
- Time management. Self-motivated and able to prioritise multiple requests and deadlines. Ability to accurately estimate time allowances for projects
- Passionate about delivering high quality work, following through, and ensuring clients and managers are completely satisfied with the outcome
- Excellent problem solving. Being able to work through, debug and resolve problems in a fast-paced environment
The following would be considered a bonus:
- An understanding of traditional animation and layout techniques
- Experience with Houdini, Nuke, AVID
- Experience using Shotgrid in a large-scale production environment
- Knowledge of concepts like data flow, data dependencies, Meta data, publishing and retrieval
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Hybrid work environment
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!