Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
Are you a Software Engineer with killer Python skill, looking for a unique role in film?
Maybe you’re already part of the film industry and just want a new and exciting challenge?
WE WANT YOU!
Our Sydney studio is expanding their Pipeline Technical Director teams across several disciplines including Animation & Layout, Assets, Lighting and Imaging (Compositing, Matte Painting, DI etc.). This is in response to exciting company-wide growth and an increased demand for great content.
In each discipline you will be tasked with working closely with your team of artists to create unique tools that allow them to work on ground-breaking animated feature films effectively and efficiently. You will also be trusted with supporting our Artist’s technical needs such as troubleshooting their DCCs or fixing bugs within our USD pipeline to ensure assets move freely to the next department.
With diversity being one of Animal Logic’s core values, we’re not only searching for people who have worked as a Pipeline TD previously. These roles are also suited to:
- Artists looking to explore their technical curiosities
- Software Engineers, Game Developers or Web Developers wanting to explore the right side of their brain
- Or any TAs, Associate Engineers or Python gurus looking for a great career move
What you bring:
- A degree in Animation, Film, Computer Science, Design, Engineering or similar so you have an academic understanding of the fundamentals
- Proficiency scripting in Python, PyQT or other GUI tools
- Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of DCCs such as Maya, Houdini, Katana, Nuke, Mari or similar
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Understanding of a USD Pipeline
- Knowledge of an Animated pipeline and all its departments
- Previous experience working with proprietary software
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and staff wellness programs
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!