Location: Sydney and Vancouver
Are you a Software Engineer with killer Python skill, looking for a unique role in film?
Maybe you’re already part of the film industry and just want a new and exciting challenge?
WE WANT YOU!
Both our Sydney and Vancouver studios are expanding their Pipeline Technical Director teams across several disciplines including Animation & Layout, Assets, Lighting and Imaging. This is in response to exciting company-wide growth and an increased demand for great content.
In each discipline you will be tasked with working closely with your team of artists to create unique tools that allow them to work on ground-breaking animated feature films effectively and efficiently. You will also be trusted with supporting our Artist’s technical needs such as troubleshooting their DCCs or fixing bugs within our USD pipeline to ensure assets move freely to the next department.
With diversity being one of Animal Logic’s core values, we’re not only searching for people who have worked as a Pipeline TD previously. These roles are also suited to:
- Artists looking to explore their technical curiosities
- Software Engineers, Game Developers or Web Developers wanting to explore the right side of their brain
- Or any TAs, Associate Engineers or Python gurus looking for a great career move
To be successful as a Pipeline TD, we suggest you bring:
- A degree in Animation, Film, Computer Science, Design, Engineering or similar so you have an academic understanding of the fundamentals
- Proficiency scripting in Python, PyQT or other GUI tools
- Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of DCCs such as Maya, Houdini, Katana, Nuke, Mari or similar
If you have exposure or an interest in the following that’s great! If not, we can train you:
- Understanding of a USD Pipeline
- Knowledge of an Animated pipeline and all its departments
- Previous experience working with proprietary software
We might work hard, but we also play hard here at Animal Logic so in return you receive:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with hybrid work options available
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, free barista coffee, regular work lunches and snacks galore!
This is truly an exciting time to be joining the Animal Logic team so don’t miss your chance! Apply today via the link below. And don’t forget to share your GitHub – we love seeing the incredible work you’ve done!
Think you have what it takes to be a Pipeline TD Lead? Check out our Lead openings: