Location: Vancouver, BC
You are a self-starter who is known for picking things up quickly. You can’t help but focus on the details. You’re not afraid of a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities. You keep everything running smoothly and organized, all while maintaining a positive attitude. Sound familiar?
We are looking for a Production Assistant to support our Production team on our animated feature, Super Pets!
What you’ll get to do:
- Liaise with multiple departments and clients (i.e. Client Services, Front of House, Building Services, IT, HR, Production) in order to be the first point of contact for production related requests
- Effectively and efficiently maintain the production calendar, including all related meeting requests from various sites
- Track all leave requests and attendance across the production; collate forms and distribute to relevant production management
- Ensure any conflicting priorities are communicated in a timely manner to all relevant parties
- Coordinate and collate all New Starter Forms/Checklists including liaising with relevant departments
- Collate and maintain new starter kit; update and maintain throughout the production while also keeping track of new starter start dates, seat allocations etc.
- Collate and update the internal, external and photo contact list for the production
- Be the first point of contact for the production in regards to catering for the production
- Maintain, distribute and manage the handling of all copies of the script within the production
- Update documentation for production department and catalogue all library items
- Organise and attend weekly and/or monthly crew screenings
- Collate, maintain and follow up on all purchasing for the production, ensuring appropriate approval
What you bring:
- 1+ years’ experience working as an Assistant in a fast-paced environment (animation/VFX industry experience highly regarded)
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritise and achieve deadlines
- Strong computer skills with an openness to new workflows and tool sets
- Strong professionalism, able to ensure communication is conducted in a professional and timely manner at all times
- Experience with scheduling and calendar management
- Adaptive attitude with experience maintaining a healthy team spirit while under pressure
- Collaborative team member who actively listens, takes direction, and remains open to feedback
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, positivity, and initiative
- Passionate about film, with particular interest in animation
- Keen to learn and motivated to contribute to the success of the team and project
Please include a cover letter and tell us why you’re interested!
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.