Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you a Production Coordinator interested in working with us for our upcoming Feature Animations?! Do the words ENTHUSIASM, INITIATIVE, COLLABORATION describe you?
What you’ll get to do:
- Build the day-to-day artist based schedule based on the task based schedule provided by the Production Supervisor, in cooperation with the Production Supervisor and Craft Supervisor
- Understand all relevant project objectives; communicate them to the crew and ensure all production planning is aligned to the objectives
- Monitor, track and document completion of tasks and artists’ progress on a day-to-day basis to ensure their completion within allocated person days and deadlines
- Communicate progress, schedule changes, or variances, to the relevant people on a daily basis or as required
- Check and approve all artist timesheets of the craft group on a daily basis
- Contribute to the setup of tracking and supporting documents
- Contribute to weekly production reports in association with the Production Supervisor
- Ensure that any material received or given out to artists is logged and tracked
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation recording all submissions and communications to and from the studio, director or other relevant third parties
- Organise reviews within the framework given by the Production Supervisor
- Ensure accurate review and meeting notes are recorded and distributed as soon as possible and the relevant production staff understand any action required from them as a result, including approved changes in brief, method or outcomes
- Follow up on any action points to ensure deadlines are met
- Foster and support a knowledge sharing culture; partnering with the Production Supervisor and collaborating with other Production Coordinators to facilitate this
- Communicate with crew, peers and production management any issues that may be relevant for the successful delivery of the production
- Communicate with artists and production staff in a positive fashion; be an ambassador for the project, motivating and uplifting your team
What you bring:
- 2 + years’ experience working within a production team within a VFX, gaming, or animation production
- Strong understanding of CG based workflows and their dependencies
- Strategic scheduling experience with an adaptive approach to meeting deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to manage a large volume of incoming and outgoing tasks/information
- Pro-active in identifying potential roadblocks and able to suggest solutions where appropriate
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of database tracking software
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with other departments, artists, and production staff
- Collaborative team member who actively listens, takes direction, and remains open to feedback
- Proven experience achieving deadlines and motivating a team while under pressure
- Experience coordinating large scale teams is preferred
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, positivity, and initiative
- Open to new workflows and tool sets
- Passionate about film, with particular interest in animation
- Experience in Front-End Departments is a bonus
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio.
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.