Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you a Production Manager interested in working with us on a new animated feature? The Production Manager is responsible for the overall production management of the project from Assets through to final delivery, including accountability for the master project schedule, production priorities, production reporting, crew and quota planning and projections.
What you’ll get to do:
- Partner with the Digital Producer and Associate Producer to create and maintain the overall master schedule by incorporating the departmental schedules from the Production Supervisors.
- Communicate priorities, milestones, quotas and deadlines to Production Supervisors, Digital Producer and Associate Producer in a clear and concise manner.
- Communicate asset and shot production priority changes to all Production Supervisors and work with Production Supervisors on solutions for such variances.
- Work closely with CG Supervisors, Creative Leads, Digital Producer and Associate Producer to resolve any conflicting priorities.
- Ensure that all breakdowns that support bid and schedule are accurate and in line with current brief and budget and report all variances which affect schedule and budget to Digital Producer and Associate Producer.
- Understand all project tracking and asset management systems and work within such systems.
- Responsible for the accuracy and delivery of all project reports, and ad hoc reports as required by Digital Producer and Associate Producer.
- Keep abreast of all reviews and ensure production team are following appropriate note taking and distribution process.
- Identify issues in reviews that may affect budget or brief and pro-actively share this information with Digital Producer and Associate Producer
- Line-manage the Production Supervisors, the Department Coordinator and the Scheduling Production Assistant on day-to-day basis to ensure all tasks are understood and executed.
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing the production management team to ensure they have the required equipment and knowledge to carry out their roles as well as supporting them to grow to prepare them for future opportunities.
- Create and publish project guidelines for TIL (Time in lieu) in accordance with company policy and in conjunction with Associate Producer
- Collate and track all project leave and ensure all leave works within the project schedule and manage the project leave schedule, flagging any issues with the Digital Producer and Associate Producer.
- Ensure that all communication, internally and externally, is conducted in a professional and timely manner.
- Pro-actively identify issues, problems or changes, recommend solutions and communicate to the relevant people in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Digital Producer, Associate Producer and all crew where appropriate to facilitate the efficient communication and transfer of elements between departments or between Animal Logic and its clients.
What you bring:
- 7 + years’ experience working within a production team on a large VFX or animation production
- 2 + years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven senior production experience working on at least two feature animation or VFX projects
- Proven experience in managing large teams of people
- Exceptional scheduling skills and working knowledge of database tracking software
- Thorough understanding of live-action and CG based VFX workflows
- Technical knowledge/experience in film formats, digital media and film techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel and MS Project
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail
- Proven organizational skills, including proactive prioritization, effective time-management and comfort level with rapid context-switching
- Highly developed English written and oral communication skills
- Self-awareness: calm and focused presence and approach, even when under pressure
- Works well independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Fosters strong relationships and communication both within his/her team and across departments
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate the team
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with all personality types
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio.
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!