Do you enjoy being a friendly face to colleagues?
Have you always been the most organised person in the room?
Want to work for a creative company with lots of learning and growth opportunities?
Animal Logic is seeking a Research & Development (R&D) Administrative Assistant, based in our Sydney studio, to support the day-to-day administration of the team. The R&D department develops and maintains the cutting edge-technology that produces award-winning feature animation movies.
From creating mischievous bunnies in Peter Rabbit, building heroic minifigs in The LEGO Movies, to teaching prancing penguins how to dance in Happy Feet, our films inspire audiences around the world.
We’re looking for an assistant to support administrative processes and take care of the ‘little’ things that make the department run smoothly and efficiently. As this is a non-technical role, a background in R&D or technology is not required, but an inquisitive nature is.
What you’ll get to do:
- Be a member of a global Tech Operations team working with our six R&D teams: Rendering, Procedural Geometry and Simulation, Animation and Rigging, Pipeline, Production Systems, and Toolchain
- Manage the calendar for our R&D team across time zones in Vancouver and Sydney, booking meetings such as 1:1s, sprint ceremonies, and stakeholder updates
- Process meeting recordings, communicate important agenda items, and solve meeting conflicts
- Onboard new starters, manage weekly timesheets, facilitate probation & performance review processes, prepare for “All Hands” meetings, share Leave/Out of Office communication
- Write internal newsletters
- Triage incoming support issues and requests for R&D
- Pro-actively update documentation on Confluence related to R&D processes
- Get involved in Team Health Checks, and other fun social/team building events
- Build relationships with team members, stakeholders, and other technology coordinators
What you bring:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organisational and task management skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to pick up new platforms or software with ease
- Basic knowledge of Jira and Confluence is a bonus
- An inquisitive mentality with a self-driven and independent approach to problem-solving, as well as the ability to ask for help when necessary
- A pro-active nature and initiative to identify areas for workflow/process improvement
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!