We are looking for an artist to join our Rough Layout team to help maintain, optimise and create interactive assets to be used by the department. The work involves both creation of ‘stand in’ assets based on art department designs and the optimisation of existing environment, prop and character production assets. The work will involve both geometry/modelling and surfacing/texturing components. While the artist will work closely with the Asset departments, they will work to the priorities and supervision of the Layout department.
Is this the position for you?
What you’ll get to do:
- Interpret 2D designs, reference material, existing assets, and artistic direction and translate them into optimised 3D models and textures
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to appropriate standard quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline
- Maintain good communication with the Rough Layout Lead/Supervisor
What you bring:
- A strong understanding of the USD pipeline, asset creation workflow, and layout workflow
- A thorough understanding of shape, scale, form, colour and surface
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience creating high quality, optimised assets for use in interactive environments, such as games, previs, and/or real-time production
- 3+ years’ experience in modelling and surfacing/texturing
- Experience in modelling stylized creatures and characters
- Proficiency with Maya, Mari and Photoshop. Houdini and Substance experience is also helpful
- Good understanding of industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work
- Proven technical and visual skills with an understanding of art and design within an animation environment
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to abstract and interpret design down to its fundamentals
- Strong organisational and time management skills
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- A show reel demonstrating interactive assets you have created or worked on, ideally including reference plates and materials, turntables, and UV layouts
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!