Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
Love movies? Want to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment? Animal Logic is looking for a Security Engineer to join the IT infrastructure team.
As a Security Engineer, you will be technically responsible for securing Animal Logic’s networks, endpoints and people. You will contribute to enabling the business securely through operational and project work to deliver initiatives and regulatory compliance requirements.
The Successful candidate for this role will have 3-4 years in an ICT technical security role with a demonstrated focus on using various security technologies across medium-sized enterprise environments.
CompTIA Security+ or similar certification is required
What you will get to do:
- Identifying security risks within infrastructure systems and implementing appropriate remediations.
- Monitoring and responding to security detections from various systems and performing incident response
- Implementing both technical and non-technical solutions to enable the business as required
- Performing Vulnerability Scans, Management and Reporting to reduce and maintain risk to an acceptable level
- Maintaining and improving security technology estate
- Contributing to the development, implementation and adoption of security policies and procedures
- Provide security advice to operational and projects teams
- Staying up to date with the local government and industry compliance frameworks, as well as the global threat landscape
- Contributing to and maintaining documentation across systems, processes and procedures within the Security function
What you bring:
- Demonstrated experience with implementing or maintaining EDR, NGFW, CASB, SIEM/SOAR, VPN, VM, IAM/SSO, MDM, SEG and other security technologies
- Working knowledge configuring Linux, Windows and Mac operating systems
- Familiarity with a range of networking protocols
- Preference for experience within the Media & Entertainment industry
- Working knowledge with AWS and Azure environments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong hands-on technical abilities required.
- An analytical mindset with robust problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- Conveniently located in vibrant Yaletown, near the heart of downtown Vancouver
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including free gym access, breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.