Are you a Senior Character FX Artist who has a high level of shot production experience, with the ability to complete difficult shots at a high quality with minimal support?
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop or lead the development of technical solutions that will enable the creative requirements of a sequence.
- Deliver complex shots to the highest standard.
- Create your own setups for simulation and deformation.
- Assist with the development of prototypes/examples that clearly demonstrate the creative requirements of the production and dissemination of workflows based on these examples.
- Mentor and advise character FX artists and leads in technical aspects of their role.
- Work with the other character FX leads to develop a common approach to character requirements including both tools and procedures.
- Articulate character FX requirements to the Character FX Supervisor, Animation Supervisor, R&D and TDs to enable them to develop tools to support the agreed approach.
- Identify areas of inefficiency within the groups’ workflow and work with the Character FX Supervisor to rectify.
- Identify and contribute to group and department pipeline updates.
- Ensure common practices within the group are maintained and adhered to.
What you bring:
- Experience in developing and testing Char FX toolsets.
- Strong understanding of Houdini.
- Experience with cloth, fur and feather tools.
- Strong scripting and/or programming experience.
- Proven ability in high end FX & character FX work.
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality.
- Must be able to work with and manage a wide range of personality types within a team.
- Must possess strong communication skills and be able to efficiently organise and prioritise the work of a team across multiple both technically and creatively.
- Muscle and skin simulation experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.