Are you a Senior Lighting Artist interested in working with us on our next fully CG animated feature, “The Magician’s Elephant?” The Senior Lighting Artist uses creative and technical skills to light shots and sequences, facilitating shots through the lighting and rendering pipeline.
What you’ll get to do:
- Bring shots from initial brief through to final, based on project deadlines and milestone goals
- Follow Supervisor and Lead direction to light and composite complex scenes and early look dev tests
- Polish existing shot lighting and composite renders into a final shot, troubleshooting any issues
- Final compositing of assigned shots
- Work closely with the lighting Leads to adapt light rigs
- Communicate updates and track data per Production direction
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools, or by supporting new tool development
- Work with the creative leads to interpret visual goals in the context of the tools and processes of the project, and ensure these tools and procedures support the creative process
- Work with the creative leads to communicate schedule implications of visual requirements
- Provide direct visual support and feedback to artists where required
- Provide feedback on how to improve existing tools to work more efficiently
- Mentor and support less experienced lighting artists by sharing expertise
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience on animated features, feature films and/or TV
- 5+ years’ experience in Lighting
- Experience using Python, Maya, Katana, Nuke
- Solid knowledge of lighting and rendering workflows
- Must have a good “eye” and understanding of light, colour theory, contrast, shading, and lighting design
- Completion of degree or working equivalent
- Advanced level of understanding of compositing, working with aov channels and designing template and gizmos at a key shot level
- A thorough understanding of the film post production process
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent problem solving, balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication in English
- Ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure
- Ability to take direction and feedback, anticipating the supervisor’s and lead’s preference
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!