The Animal Logic team is searching for a Senior Rigger to join us for a brand-new animated feature film!
The rigging team works closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
What you’ll get to do
- Develop and maintain procedural rig components using a custom Python Rigging API. This includes: Following a brief to produce complex production ready rigs of a high standard
- Working with the Modelling Department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging and performance requirements
- Working with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements
- Supporting rigs as they move through the animation pipeline and develop supplementary Animation tools and processes
- Provide leadership through example – has team spirit, highly motivated, takes initiative, is pro-active, and inspires the same in others
- Encourage and support development of respect, integrity and trust in team members.
What you bring
- 5+ years’ experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television with a focus in Rigging
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio.
- Software development experience using Python, and relevant application API
- Experience with both mechanical and/or organic type rigs
- Strong and production proven knowledge of rigging in Maya
- Deep understanding and confidence with OOP in Python and learning/working to proprietary APIs
- Excellent understanding and ability to apply foundation knowledge of pertinent mathematical disciplines (basics of linear algebra and trigonometry as required)
- Solids knowledge in pipeline, process, tools and techniques with a high level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice
- Solids knowledge of both mechanical and organic type rigs in a production environment
- Proven ability to create and deliver production ready rigs in a timely manner
- Proven solid technical and visual skills, excellent attention to detail
- C++ knowledge helpful but not mandatory.
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and build relationships across departments.
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with all personality types.
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or rigs moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio.
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!