Are you a shading artist interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio? You’ll work with Supervisors, Leads, Artists and TDs, devoting time to development projects as well as giving production support. You’ll be involved in development of new shaders as well as maintenance and improvement of existing materials. Does this sound like the job for you?
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with artists on look development and shader usage
- Research and create art direct-able materials and textures
- Optimize shading networks to increase shader quality and render performance
- Technical shader development and support
- Liaise with R&D to ensure compliance with internal best practices
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments, providing input where required to maximize efficiency and quality
What you bring:
- 4+ years’ of experience on feature films, TV and/or animated features
- Proven experience in large scale animated features, animated TV series and/or VFX feature films
- Degree in Animation, Film, Computer Science, Design, Engineering, Maths or Physics, or equivalent combination of education & work experience in animation/VFX
- Strong experience with physically based rendering and shading
- Solid understanding of shading techniques
- Advanced level of understanding of 3D packages, rendering technologies, and surfacing and lighting principles
- Knowledge or experience with USD is a bonus
- Pro-active problem solving within parameters
- Ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools
- Written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types
- Ability to work collaboratively, build relationships and share knowledge
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio based in downtown Vancouver!
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including free gym access, breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!