Are you a Software Engineer with rigging experience, or a Rigger with development experienced? And are you interested in joining a diverse cross-functional R&D team which focuses on tools that stretch from Rigging and Layout to Final Animation? You will work as a part of the global development team to advance its animation production tools and processes, especially in the areas of animation and rigging.
What you’ll do:
- Develop core rigging components, tools, plugins, nodes and applications used by Animation and Rigging, mostly in Autodesk Maya
- Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world and have an opportunity to make significant and varied contributions to a modern and unique Character Animation Pipeline
- Advance a modern and dynamic toolset that is proven on high-end productions, making a significant contribution to our large roster of upcoming feature animation and film VFX projects.
What you bring:
- At least 2 years proven experience working directly on solving rigging problems
- Knowledge and experience of current rigging, animation and deformation techniques and algorithms
- Demonstrable knowledge of a high end DCC application and its API (Maya, XSI or Houdini)
- Proficient Python Developer
- Ability to work as part of a team and flexibility to work alternatively to both strict specifications and more open and creative challenges
- A passion for regularly working with end-user clients and production staff.
The following will be considered a bonus, and might become required learning during your contribution to the project:
- An appreciation of design aesthetics
- UI/UX design and development experience
- C++ knowledge including performance optimisation
- A tertiary qualification in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science, or demonstrable equivalent experience applicable to mathematical and engineering tasks