Are you a Software Engineer interested in contributing to our animation tools that stretch from Layout to Final animation, with Rigging as a pivotal point of the effort? You will work as a part of the global development team to advance its animation production tools and processes, especially in the areas of animation and rigging.
This position has potential for growth in to a technical leadership role.
What you’ll do:
- Develop core tools, plugins, nodes and applications used by Animation and Rigging, mostly in Autodesk Maya
- Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world and have an opportunity to make significant and varied contributions to a modern and unique Character Animation Pipeline
- Advance a modern and dynamic toolset that is proven on high-end productions, making a significant contribution to our large roster of upcoming feature animation projects
What you bring:
- At least 5 years proven experience working directly on, and in close collaboration with users of, rigging and animation tools
- Knowledge of high end DCC applications and its API (Maya or Houdini)
- Advanced C++ knowledge including performance optimisation
- Experience in either realtime rendering, GPU development or advanced deformation techniques
- Deep understanding of mathematical fundamentals (linear algebra, graph theory, etc.)
- A degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science, or demonstrable equivalent experience applicable to mathematical and engineering tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team and flexibility to work alternatively to both strict specifications and more open and creative challenges
- A passion for regularly working with end-user clients and production staff
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Knowledge and experience of current rigging, animation and deformation techniques and algorithms
- UI/UX design and development experience
- Proficiency as a Python Developer
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with work from home options
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!