Are you an engineer who is looking to break into the animation industry? Here’s your chance to use your software development skills in an award winning animation studio.
The successful applicant will join the global Pipeline team (distributed between Sydney and Vancouver) and will be responsible for creating software used by artists in various craft departments. You will be building and integrating applications and libraries to support our studio pipeline/workflows.
You will be a self starter who is eager to learn and develop new skills, with an excellent ability to communicate effectively and capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team.
Some awareness of computer graphics or software used within the animation industry is desirable but not required. Recent graduates encouraged to apply.
What you’ll get to do:
- Execute the full software development lifecycle
- Adheres to R&D best practices of software development, including:
- solution design / review
- source version control
- code reviews
- testing, including TDD
- release management
- Work with the development team to ensure that the core tool infrastructure is operational and performing
- Support, monitor and troubleshoot complex production applications
- Work with existing development processes and codebase
- Participate in development meetings with emphasis on inspecting and adapting processes that improve the development lifecycle
- Work with production team to understand requirements and build quality software that meet their needs
- Build technical and user documentation to support the systems and software tools
What you bring:
- A post-secondary qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Strong skills in Python, with C++ experience also valued
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Understanding of Software Engineering Theory, Patterns and Best Practices
- Ability to write documentation targeting different audiences
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, take direction and possess good communication skills
- Willing to work in a production environment and collaborate with artistic staff
You might also have:
- Awareness of the APIs of a number of industry standard applications such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Shotgun, etc.
- Familiarity with Git and Github, Build, CI and package management systems
- Strong Linux skills and understanding of modern systems architecture
- Performance analysis, debugging and optimisation skills
- Familiarity with multi-threaded programming