Are you an experienced Pipeline Developer interested in joining our global Pipeline team, responsible for creating software used by artists in various craft departments? Perhaps this is the role for you, so read on to find out more!
The successful applicant will join the global Pipeline team (distributed between Sydney and Vancouver) and will be responsible for creating software used by artists in various craft departments. You will be building and integrating applications and libraries to support our studio pipeline/workflows.
You will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry, an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew, and demonstrated capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team.
What you’ll get to do:
- Execute the full software development lifecycle
- Adheres to R&D best practices of software development, including:
- solution design / review
- source version control
- code reviews
- testing, including TDD
- release management
- Work with the development team to ensure that the core tool infrastructure is operational and performing
- Support, monitor and troubleshoot complex production applications
- Work with existing development processes and codebase
- Participate in development meetings with emphasis on inspecting and adapting processes that improve the development lifecycle
- Work with production team to understand requirements and build quality software that meet their needs
- Build technical and user documentation to support the systems and software tools
What you bring:
- Experience working in software development for at least 2 years in the same or similar industry
- A post-secondary qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Strong skills in Python, with C++ experience also valued
- Familiarity with the APIs of a number of industry standard DCC applications such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini etc.
- Familiarity with integrating Production Tracking, Asset Management, Render Farm and distributed processing systems
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Deep understanding of Software Engineering Theory, Patterns and Best Practices
- Ability to write Documentation targeting different audiences (e.g. Developers, TDs, Artists)
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, take direction and possess good communication skills
- Willing to work in a production environment and collaborate with artistic staff
You might also have:
- Experience with USD or other Scene/Renderer Description formats
- Familiarity with Git and Github, Build, CI and Package Management systems
- Strong Linux skills and understanding of modern systems architecture
- Performance Analysis, Debugging and Optimisation
- Multi-threaded programming
- Familiarity with industry-standard open source libraries such as Alembic, OpenImageIO, Boost, OpenEXR. Qt/PyQt etc.