Are you an experienced Python Developer interested in a 6 month contract assignment for an animation studio?
The successful applicant will work with the global Pipeline and Production Technology teams team (distributed between Sydney and Vancouver) to update our software stack which consists of applications and libraries to support our studio pipeline/workflows, to be Python 3 compatible.
As there is the potential for this role to be based remotely, an excellent ability to communicate effectively demonstrated capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team is desirable.
Experience in the visual effects/animation industry is not a requirement but would be advantageous.
What you’ll get to do:
- Update software to be Python 3 compatible
- Adheres to R&D best practices of software development, including:
- solution design / review
- source version control
- code reviews
- testing, including TDD
- release management
- Work with existing development processes and codebase
- Participate in development meetings with emphasis on inspecting and adapting processes that improve the development lifecycle
What you bring:
- Experience working in software development for at least 2 years
- A post-secondary qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Strong skills in Python
- Understanding of Software Engineering Theory, Patterns and Best Practices
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, take direction and possess good communication skills
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
You might also have:
- Familiarity with the APIs of a number of industry standard DCC applications such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini etc.
- Familiarity with Git and Github, Build, CI and Package Management systems
- Experience working in a remote environment or with geographically distributed teams
- Strong Linux skills