Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you highly skilled and experienced in technical support and looking for the opportunity to take your abilities to the next level? Then read on!
Central to the position will be the passion for learning new skills and broadening your knowledge of technologies. You must have a can-do attitude, excellent attention to detail, be a strong communicator at all levels and have a calm attitude with the ability to thrive within a team environment.
What you’ll get to do:
- Be the face / representative of the IT department for all staff
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining end user systems (predominantly LINUX desktops) and end user connectivity
- Install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application problems
- Triage incoming incidents and escalate any issues that arise to the where most appropriate team
- Provide global support and be able to travel if required
- Some heavy lifting physical activity required
- Standard 5-day work week plus on call rotation
What you bring:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a client facing desktop support role or similar
- Experience implementing complex technical systems in a corporate environment
- Technical support experience at the 3rd level – having handled escalations from 1st/2nd level support team(s).
- Experience working closely with or in an Infrastructure/Systems Engineering team.
- Experience working within an Entertainment/Media industry is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering Information Technology or related field desirable
Skills and Knowledge:
- High technical support competence obtained through 5+ years of practical hands-on experience with Linux, Windows 10, Mac OS X systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, Thunderbird, printing, software licensing, software deployment, remote support, on call after hours support and project management are highly desirable
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work within a strong team environment and with both technical and business stakeholders directly unsupervised
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- PowerShell and other scripting knowledge and use.
- High level proven Linux troubleshooting knowledge.
- Proven ability to document knowledge accurately and completely, and train junior staff (presentation and delivery skills).
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.