Animal Logic– the animation studio that brought you Happy Feet, Peter Rabbit, and the Lego Movies – is looking to expand its talented team of supervising TDs. A Supervising TD is responsible for the design, implementation, support, and evolution of the Animal Logic pipeline across multiple production departments. This exciting senior role, requires collaboration across a wide variety of departments, and offers a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to dive deeply into industry leading pipeline technology (USD). Supervising TD’s also work closely with a dedicated operations team to manage a global team of TDs across multiple projects. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced candidate to join our team in a senior position, contributing to the culture of the Production Technology team and the ongoing development of the Animal Logic pipeline.
What you’ll get to do:
Creative and Technical
- Take responsibility for, and become an expert in, a particular section of the global production pipeline.
- Champion its ongoing feature development and optimization.
- Develop innovative technical solutions to the challenges of producing animation on a large scale.
- Understand the creative needs of various productions, translate these into development initiatives and new features for tools, workflows, and the pipeline as a whole.
- Collaborate with RnD, and other Supervising TDs to establish and maintain high technical standards & procedures within the Production Technology team.
Strategy and Planning
- Participate in the scoping and estimation of show based development initiatives.
- Collaborate with other Supervising TDs and RnD to establish and drive longer term facility development roadmaps.
- Participate in longer term strategic planning for in-house and 3rd party tool uptake/development.
- Work closely with senior Animal Logic Technical leadership to maintain momentum toward facility goals and vision.
- Work closely with PMO team, to establish schedules and milestones for planned development.
- Maintain consistent planning and development rituals/processes within the department.
- Participate in public presentations & demonstrations of planned or implemented technology.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to develop, implement and improve operational and resource management strategies to achieve the department’s goals.
People and Team
- Work closely with Operations to supervise, mentor and develop a global team of TDs, including career development, performance management and planning for hiring and onboarding new team members.
- Work collaboratively with senior technical leadership across the whole facility including CG Supervisors,
- Engineering Managers, and other Supervising TDs.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- Conveniently located in vibrant Yaletown, near the heart of downtown Vancouver
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including free gym access, breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!