Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you a Help Desk Support Analyst committed to providing an exemplary level of customer service? Then read on!
This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and networks and for providing efficient desktop/laptop support to all business users. The Help Desk Support Analyst installs and configures computer systems, diagnoses hardware and software faults and solves technical and application problems.
Central to the position will be the passion for learning new skills and broadening your knowledge of technologies. You must have a can-do attitude, excellent attention to detail, be a strong communicator at all levels and have a calm attitude with the ability to thrive within a team environment.
Please note this is a contract position.
What you’ll get to do:
- Be the face / representative of the IT department for all staff
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining end user systems (predominantly LINUX desktops) and end user connectivity
- Install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application problems
- Triage incoming incidents and escalate any issues that arise to the where most appropriate team
- Provide global support and be able to travel if required
- Some heavy lifting physical activity required
- Standard 5-day work week plus on call rotation
What you bring:
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a client facing desktop support role or similar
- Experience working within an Entertainment/Media industry is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering Information Technology or related field desirable
Skills and Knowledge:
- Technical support competence obtained through 2 years practical hands on experience with Linux, Windows 10, Mac OS X systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, Thunderbird, printing, software licensing, software deployment, remote support, on call after hours support and project management are highly desirable
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.